Search Sugar Bean Bakers

Saturday, March 24, 2012

{ Peach Banana Smoothie }






The Bean loves smoothies, as I mentioned in this post.

I was buying them at restaurants and coffee shops until I realized how EASY they were to make.

I make them for him nearly every day. I know he's getting all his fruits that way.

Hand him a bowl of fruit, you'll come back to a full bowl of fruit.

Hand him a smoothie, you'll come back to a, HEY MOM, IS THERE ANYMORE? shout.

The original recipe I posted it good for a host of fruits. 

The norm that I make for him is Strawberry Banana or Strawberry Banana Blueberry.

I've also thrown in grapes.

For this one, I went way outside his normal box and made it with peaches & honey.

It made for a tasty change.

Here's what you need:

Peach Banana Smoothie 
Recipe by Tina @Sugar Bean Bakers

1 peach (or nectarine)- peeled, pit removed & sliced
1 banana (also peeled ;) 
1/3 cup  yogurt*
1/3 cup of milk**
1 Tablespoon honey
splash of vanilla
4 ice cubes
(mine are the 1/2 moon size from my ice maker)

In a blender/processor that can chop ice:

blend until you stop hearing the ice clink around. Usually about 1-2 minutes.

Taste, you can add more honey if you need.

 *for this recipe you can use plain yogurt, peach, vanilla, or honey
also note if you use Greek Yogurt, you may need a little more milk as it is thicker.
I prefer Greek yogurt. I love Greek Gods Yogurt.


**use any milk you like, Fat Free, Skim, 2%, Whole, soy, etc.
I actually used Almond Milk for the one in the photo.


You can adjust the ratio of milk/yogurt for the consistency you like, this is how
the Bean prefers his. It's not too thick, not too thin.


This makes one large smoothie or 2 small smoothies.

The Bean drinks it all.

ALL.


Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment

www.sugarbeanbakers.com

...because life should be sweet.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...