Search Sugar Bean Bakers

Friday, June 15, 2012

{ For Dad }




I don't know if you are aware... but in just 2 short days here in the USA, it will be Father's Day!

I say the part about not being aware, because someone sitting at a certain desk, typing these very words at this very moment could have possibly let that factoid slip her mind.

Possibly.

Until she was in Walmart today and saw Father's Day items.

Eek.

My dad, LOVES ice cream. love. Love. LOVES.

When I was a kid, he used to eat a heaping bowl every night. I'm not sure he still eats it every  night, but I've yet to have him turn it down here.

"Dad, you want some cake?"

"I reckon."

(He 'reckons' a lot. Do you 'reckon' too?)

"Do you want ice cream with it?"

"Well, of course!"

I'm not sure why I even ask at this point. If there's ice cream, the answer is yes.

So, I put together a box of ice creamness for him.

Here's what it looks like

Layer One:


Caramel topping, Chocolate Syrup, Sugar Cones, and Sixlets.


Layer Two:
Chocolate Dipped Cones, and little baggies of sprinkles (I used these baggies): Cookies n Cream Crunch, Multicolored Sprinkles, Mini Chocolate Chips, Marshmallow Bits, Mint Chocolate Sprinkles, and Turtle Crunch Sprinkles.

*of course these are just what I came up with, add whatever your heart desires!
I just realized I forgot to put nuts in it. Dag-gern-it!


I put all of the items into a Photo Box (found in the Scrapbooking Aisle), lined with Father's Day tissue paper. I made the tags for the sprinkles out of sticker paper. I also used it for the top of the box, which looks like this


He'll get a few dollars to go with it to purchase his Ice Cream, and done!

He needs nothing, so he's super hard to buy for, and I know he will love this!

The hardest part of the whole thing was pouring the sprinkles into the little baggies. The Bean held them as I poured. He informed me a need a funnel. Duly noted. The sprinkles still got all over the floor, but that's ok... the dogs approved.


Hope all the Dads in your life have a wonderful day on Sunday!

Tina




Credit: I saw an idea like this a while back on Tip Junkie :)

1 comment:

  1. Love this idea, and how it would work well for all occasions! : )

    ReplyDelete

www.sugarbeanbakers.com

...because life should be sweet.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...