Search Sugar Bean Bakers

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

{ Honey Vanilla Brown Sugar Scrub }


So, the Bean is recovered from the flu, YAY... but, last night he started Driver's Ed.

WHUT??

That is dumb. Where does time go?? Yesterday he looked like this.


Right? 1998 was NOT 15 years ago. That. Is. NOT. Possible. The end.

However, for some reason, I was out taking him to Driver's Ed last night. And it was snowing.
Big snowing. Like, flakes the size of kittens. It was In.SANE. No snow plows to be seen, so, on about 75% of the 20+  min. drive, I was laying the first set of tracks.

FUN.

Now, we really didn't get much snow, only about 2", but plowing through that in my car was rather stressful.

However, I made it there in "only" 50 minutes.

Then, I had to stop and have coffee, because stress. It was good. White Raspberry Mocha, thankyouverymuch.

This is the road in front of my house.

No, I wasn't driving at the time.


Now, the snow is all melty, because Ohio weather is stoopid, and I have to take the Bean back to Driver's Ed tonight. And tomorrow. And next week.

So, I'm grumpy, and I should have made chocolate, but I didn't.

This is not a food post.

I'm sorry.

Wait, not really. Cause this is good stuff.

I have painfully, chronically, perpetually dry sky.

People who say dry skin is better than oily skin do not have painfully, chronically, perpetually dry skin.

But, I didn't have acne in high school, so, maybe it's not that bad.

No, no, wait yes it is. haha.

This stuff is amazing on my dry, cracked heels and elbows.

This is a cheap alternative to expensive sugar scrubs & you probably have all of the ingredients in your pantry right now.

It couldn't be simpler.

Just mix Brown Sugar & Cane Sugar (also called turbinado sugar or sugar in the raw), olive oil (or melted & cooled coconut oil), honey, and vanilla together.

Store in a jar. You can buy fancy jars, or recycle. This used to be a mushroom jar.

This is super great and inexpensive for gifts!


This is the consistency you should have.


To use, use as you would any other sugar scrub, and save dollars while you are doing it!

If you are using this on your feet, please DO TAKE CARE. The oil will make them a little slippery until you dry them off!


Now, to the next on my list, is Coconut Oil. Coconut Oil has about 1 million uses.

No, seriously, it's the new wonder drug. Wonder oil? Wonder product?

Anyway, here is a listing I found for some uses. Now, some sound a leeeeeeeetle sketchy to me, but I'm not suggesting you try all of them, just saying, there's a list. Points ----------> List.

The problem with Coconut Oil for a moisturizer is that it is hard and you have to scoop it out. There is an easy fix to that.

A mixer.

Just plop the amount you want in the mixer and whip for a few minutes. It will become a light, fluffy cream. 


Now, it's easy to use as a moisturizer!

Coconut Oil will liquify at 77 degrees F, so make sure it doesn't get too warm.

You can whip in a little Aloe, Vitamin E liquid, or some essential oils for scent, but this is pure Coconut Oil and that works just dandy.

So, there you are.

After the watching the pretty snow melt all day, and having to drive Mr. Bean back and forth to Driver's Ed, I feel I deserve a little pampering.

And chocolate would have been nice.


Tina




Honey Vanilla Brown Sugar Scrub
recipe by Tina @ Sugar Bean Bakers 

1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
1/2 Cup Pure Cane Sugar*
4 Tablespoons Olive Oil
1 Tablespoon Honey
1 teaspoon vanilla

Mix together.

Store in an airtight container.
Use as you would any other sugar scrub.
  

  
 

1 comment:

  1. That picture of him as a little guy has killed me dead. Thanks a lot. OHMAHGAH he's just SO CUTE.

    Also. Whipped coconut oil...so much easier.

    ReplyDelete

www.sugarbeanbakers.com

...because life should be sweet.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...