Search Sugar Bean Bakers

Monday, August 18, 2014

{ Sea Salted Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches }



So, you remember those Sea Salted Chocolate Chip Cookies I posted? Yeah. Next. Logical. Step.

Am I right?

So, basically, just bake up a batch, allow to cool and then, fill with ice cream. Ok?

Ok!

Not much trickery here, just a delicious summer treat.


This was Bean's idea. I have to give him credit for this. I've done cookies filled with cream before, but he very much wanted ice cream and he wanted them made with his favorite chocolate chip cookie. Easy enough.

Tips: Let your ice cream sit out for a few minutes until just soft. Scoop, smush, wrap, freeze all in rapid progression. Do not add your sprinkles before freezing. Add before serving.

I wrapped mine in parchment paper and tied with bakers twine. They are cute and functional. You can take this a step further and put in a freezer bag to ensure no freezer burn.


I feel this will be a new go to dessert request around here.

I can't even complain.

Tina


Sea Salted Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Sandwich
By Tina @ Sugar Bean Bakers

I recipe Sea Salted Chocolate Chip Cookies
Ice Cream of your choosing
Sprinkles if desired

Let ice cream soften a bit before scooping

Add 1 scoop of ice cream to the bottom side of a cookie. Top with another cookie. Smash down a bit to allow the ice cream to spread. Immediately eat or wrap and place in freezer to enjoy later.

Add sprinkles before serving if desired



1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you went here. It was obviously the right thing to do. P.S. I've had a great time witnessing your Harry Potter adventures with Darla. You guys are the cutest.

    ReplyDelete

www.sugarbeanbakers.com

...because life should be sweet.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...